Puzzle Events – Official Rules
Welcome to the Agilent EEsof Signal Integrity Puzzle Solving Events. Here are the Rules and the Submission Agreement. This Event is being sponsored by Agilent Technologies, Inc. (“Agilent”), and the primary contact for this Event within Agilent is Joe Civello, 1400 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403-1738, USA, phone (707) 577-4631
Please read these Rules and the Submission Agreement carefully before sending a submission. Please note that, by sending a submission, you are accepting the Rules and agreeing to the terms of the Submission Agreement. The Submission Agreement is a legal contract which provides in part that you are transferring to Agilent ownership of your submission, including all intellectual property rights in or disclosed in the submission. If you do not accept the Rules and agree to all of the terms of the Submission Agreement, please do not send a submission.
Eligibility and Participation
This Event is subject to all national, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. If you live in a jurisdiction where this Event is prohibited, you may not be a Participant and are prohibited from sending a submission. As a Participant, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, whether national, state, or local, in the jurisdiction where you reside.
You also must have appropriate access and a legal right to use equipment and software that you use to create the submission as well as the legal right to send the submission to Agilent subject to the terms of the Submission Agreement. By sending a submission, you are representing to Agilent that you understand and agree to these terms and that you have all of the legal rights needed to send the submission subject to the terms of the Submission Agreement.
- Participants. To be eligible to be a Participant, you must be 18 years old or older and live in a jurisdiction where the Event is not prohibited. All submissions are to be sent to Agilent in a ZIP file and include all necessary files as well as your full name and your valid email address. Agilent is not responsible for and shall not have any liability arising from any technical malfunction or failure of any Internet or network connection, regardless of cause, which prevents or materially adversely effects the participants ability send or Agilent’s ability to receive your submission in a timely manner or at all.
- Time. Each Event begins on the Start Date posted on the Event Page, and all submissions must be complete and received by Agilent no later than 11:59 PM (GMT) of the End Date posted on that page.
- Submissions. You may submit multiple submissions. Each submission: (a) must be your original creation, (b) must not contain or disclose any intellectual property not owned by you, and (c) must not have been previously published. You agree to indemnify Agilent and hold it harmless from any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringement claim or liability arising from or relating to each of your submissions.
- Assignment of Ownership of Submission. By sending a submission, you assign and agree to assign to Agilent your entire interest in the submission and in all intellectual property rights in or disclosed in the submission (including copyrights and patents, and you agree to execute all documents and cooperate with Agilent in all necessary activities to obtain or enforce intellectual property rights at Agilent’s expense. Agilent, in its sole discretion, is free to use, copy, modify, display, distribute, perform, or import the submission as it sees fit without obtaining your consent or incurring any obligation to pay you anything.
- Prohibited Contents. Submissions must not include images that are unlawful, harmful, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, the determination of which is up to the sole discretion of the Agilent.
- Participant’s Promises. For each submission, you promise Agilent that: (a) the reproduction, exhibition, or any use of the submission, in whole or in party, will not defame any person or entity nor violate any copyright, right of privacy or publicity, or any other right of any person or entity; and (b) you are the sole owner of the entire submission, and no rights in the submission have been granted to anyone else.
- Limitation of Liability. Agilent assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry form information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entry forms or submissions at any point in the operation of this Event; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the submission of an entry or the operation of the Event; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet, or; (e) any injury to or death of participants which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Event.
- Force Majeure. In the event that Agilent is prevented from initiating or continuing with the Event, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Event is undermined by anything beyond the Agilent’s control, including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; strike; act of God; satellite or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; war (declared or undeclared); terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within sponsors’ control, Agilent will have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Event without further obligation or liability to you.
- Disputes. You agree that you will submit any dispute you may have with regard the conduct of the Event or the interpretation of the Rules or the Submission Agreement, to the General Manager of Agilent’s EEsof Division, whose decision regarding such dispute shall be binding and final.
- Governing Law. The Event, Rules, and Submission Agreement shall all be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of New York, exclusive of conflicts of laws provisions. The Event is void where prohibited.